Archery in the Surrey depends heavily on volunteers so could you help?
Surrey Archery are wanting to increase our volunteer list to help run our County shoots.
This can be a few hours or a few days a year.
Volunteering supports the County and our local clubs.
The work of our brilliant archery volunteers is key and they often come back year after year.
We are always on the lookout for new recruits – could you spare some time to support our archery community?
It’s a chance to meet new people and make friends, a chance to use your archery skills and knowledge and give something back to the sport you love.
We try to hold several County shoots each year that we could really do with some extra help. Roles include:
- Field of Play, this includes set up and take down, changing faces, moving targets and looking for lost arrows.
- Results, if you are familiar with Ianseo we often use their scoring system including the use of PDAs.
- Administration, this includes registration of archers, helping results with filling scoreboards and collecting scoresheets.
- Hospitality, helping with refreshments etc.
The shoots that we like to put on are:
- 2 Longbow Championships (Spring and Autumn)
- Clout Championships
- Junior Championships
- Senior Championships
- Field Championships
- Indoor Championships
- Surrey Archery Weekend
We don’t expect you to help with them all, just what you can.
It would also be nice to offer help to County clubs if they struggle in getting specific roles filled.
If you would like to offer some help and be added to our volunteer list please send you name, email address, club, contact telephone number and which roles you would be happy to help with to email@example.com